Entry tags:
Case Fic and Id Pro Quo (both B5)
A couple of different exchanges had author reveals this week!
I wasn't signed up for Case Fic, but I participated as a pinch hitter with this:
The Jewel Bug Affair (Babylon 5, 9K, Ivanova & Garibaldi + others)
I had been eyeing this request back when I had considered signing up, so when it came up for PH, I had to jump on it. One of the recipient's requests was for a canon divergent AU in which Garibaldi and Ivanova quit the military and run a detective agency together, so that's what this is, and I had a fun time with alien worldbuilding and writing characters I don't normally write much.
And there was also Id Pro Quo earlier this week, where I wrote:
Silken (Babylon 5, 2900 wds, Londo/G'Kar, explicit)
This was one of those neat bits of exchange synchronicity when I wrote something I 100% would not have written without having my recipient prompt it, but once I got into it, I had a great iddy time with it.
I wasn't signed up for Case Fic, but I participated as a pinch hitter with this:
The Jewel Bug Affair (Babylon 5, 9K, Ivanova & Garibaldi + others)
I had been eyeing this request back when I had considered signing up, so when it came up for PH, I had to jump on it. One of the recipient's requests was for a canon divergent AU in which Garibaldi and Ivanova quit the military and run a detective agency together, so that's what this is, and I had a fun time with alien worldbuilding and writing characters I don't normally write much.
Slight fic spoilers
The thing that made the idea of it click into place was deciding to set it at the start of season five, when everyone is dealing (or not-dealing) with massive trauma from the war. I don't really think that I've seen fic deal with that too much - it's not completely nonexistent, but a lot of the fic, even if it's set around that time, is focused on something else (AU fixes of character deaths, say) as opposed to just letting the human characters bounce off each other while they're all really messed up. And building a casefic plot that involved alien cultures and worldbuilding was a good time, too.And there was also Id Pro Quo earlier this week, where I wrote:
Silken (Babylon 5, 2900 wds, Londo/G'Kar, explicit)
This was one of those neat bits of exchange synchronicity when I wrote something I 100% would not have written without having my recipient prompt it, but once I got into it, I had a great iddy time with it.

no subject
I did not see this one at the time and extremely enjoyed it.
Silken (Babylon 5, 2900 wds, Londo/G'Kar, explicit)
I did see this one, thought it was yours, and have no idea why I didn't leave a comment except that the end of July was bad.
no subject
Your kudos was noticed and appreciated! Comments are never required. <3
I'm glad you liked the other one too!